Do you have 17 seconds right now, this moment? Can you invest one minute and 8 seconds to change your life forever?
According to Abraham-Hicks, 17 seconds of pure thought is the ignition point of manifesting. If you hold a thought for 17 seconds, you set in motion that manifestation.
The purpose behind this rule is to get you to think purely for 17 seconds, and to have that desire become stronger until it reaches 68 seconds. Each fourth of that 68 seconds gets stronger than the last, thereby creating a truly powerful point of attraction.
Reminders about the Law of Attraction:
1. You get what you think about, whether you want it or not.
2. Your point of attraction is where you are right now, at this very moment. Whatever you are thinking now, is going to determine your future.
3. Your thoughts and emotions are vibrational, and that vibration is answered by the universe through the law of attraction.
4. As your vibration expands and becomes more powerful, it becomes strong enough for a manifestation to occur.
This explains why holding a thought for 17 seconds, and then another 17, another 17, and another 17, will create a perfect alignment for attraction to take place.
I believe this is a particularly powerful method because it specifies a certain amount of time that you should be focusing on your desire. Many of us do better when we know how long we should be spending on an exercise.
If you are able to do this even once a day for 68 seconds, then go on about your day and let go of the attachment to the desire – you are in perfect alignment.
This method is perfect for people who have a hard time letting go of their desires.
You can use the 17-second rule by working through it in your head, speaking aloud to yourself or to someone else, or writing it down. The absolute key – what makes this rule work – is to not contradict this thought during that 17 second period.
Step-by-step for using the 17-second rule:
- Set a timer. First, you are going to set a timer for 17 seconds.
- Conjure up a happy memory or good feeling. Before starting the timer, you need to get into a positive headspace, into a high vibration, by recalling a happy memory or bringing about a good feeling. I like to use the feeling of relief in this method. I remind myself: I am on the path to greatness, I am exactly where I need to be right now. The universe has conspired to put me where I am right now, and everything is okay. Relief tends to be an extremely high vibration feeling for me. For you, you can choose to summon any emotion that leaves you feeling blissful, relaxed, and happy. Harry Potter fans can think of this as the steps taken to create a Patronus – draw up your happiest memories.
- Choose one thing to manifest. Once you feel good, set the timer and focus on one thing that you really, really want.
You are now feeling good, and you should feel even better while thinking of your desire. Do not be distracted for that 17 second stretch, do not allow contradictions to ruin the manifestation and the visual in your head.
Bonus points: When your timer goes off, you’re going to now set it for 51 seconds. You’re going to summon up the happy feeling again, and start with your initial desire, and then let that thought get more detailed and more powerful for the rest of the 51 seconds.
Once your timer goes off, that’s it – you’ve set in motion a manifestation, and it is officially on its way to you.
You must now thank the universe for bringing it to you, and then let it go. Go take care of yourself, go on about your day, get things done, keep busy.
It’s coming to you now. You’ve created a really powerful manifestation and are energetically drawing it to you as you focus on other things.
If you contradicted the thought within the 68 seconds, or started thinking about something that you DON’T want – don’t worry.
You have the ability to place your attention wherever you decide, so it is possible to distract yourself from something unwanted and put your attention on something wanted.
Just keep going back to that desired thought until it becomes second nature.
It’s not too difficult to change the pattern of your vibration, especially when you understand that you can do it a little bit of a time.
You must first have an understanding of how vibrations work. You will then discover how they affect your experience. Most importantly, you will understand what your emotions are telling you about your vibrations. You will now be able to make steady, fast progress toward the achievement of anything that you desire.
Check out this week’s video on this rule here >>>